Our main focus is business litigation on behalf of small and medium size businesses, and individuals. However, we can assist businesses of any size that wish to approach litigation from an economic and business perspective that larger firms may not be able to offer.
Typical areas of practice include contract disputes, disputes over payment of money, employment matters, employee misconduct (theft, embezzlement, disloyalty), trade secrets, fraud, and injury to property and persons. We can advise you regarding the use of temporary protection orders and temporary restraining orders to protect your interests in money in and goods.
We provide counseling on dispute resolution before litigation, and dispute resolution services, geared towards use of mediation and informal settlement procedures. We can prepare the case for full-blown litigation through arbitration or trial. However, it is our philosophy that for most cases, litigation should be guided by your business goals, and not vice versa. Therefore, and assuming you want to conserve your resources we believe that a client’s goals can often be reached through business minded resolutions.
Representative cases include:
- Settlement of ADA claim on behalf of chain of retail stores in San Diego (February 2017)
- Won trial of breach of contract related to championship dog and obtained award for attorney’s fees and costs (March 2016)
- Ongoing representation of national department store in credit-related cases — multiple state and federal cases (2015 to present)
- Depositions of parties and key witnesses in stock fraud lawsuit
- Pro-Bono federal jury trial on behalf of former state prisoner
- Investigating and recovering assets embezzled by an in-house controller.
- Prosecuting a lawsuit between former partners in a construction business
- Resolution of Partnership Dispute between doctors
- Trial of Elder Abuse Matter against financial advisor
- Trial of Breach of Contract Matter related to pharmaceutical claim
- Arbitration of Legal Malpractice case